Snap Images in the field
Field reports are made easy with Snapfile. Just select your form, take a photo, input your information and click done. Advanced features include ‘GPS Lock’ which allows you to capture the location of the object instead of the photographer and ‘Camera Roll’ so you check your work in the field.
Upload, group and store
After you have captured your image and entered your data the file is automatically sent wirelessly to the cloud using Dropbox. Snapfile can intelligently organise, group and store your photos by automatically creating a new dropbox folder based on the attributes you have captured in the field.
Process and Prepare
Back in the office an administrator can edit and stage the data from the field teams, enforcing consistency and quality standards. Create watermarks, add logos and annotate your photos to highlight or draw around key issues you have found in the field. Your Snapfile is now ready to be shared.
Save and Share
Use a Snapfile template to automatically create a customized pdf report or webpage. Update your GIS systems with ESRI Shapefiles and Blob-type Geodatabases, which embedded your photos rather than just linking them, or simply create a zip of your Google Earth project and attach it to an email.
Key Features and Concepts of Geojot+
Quickly create attribute lists (field data collection forms)
- Easily create attribute lists (forms) on your smartphone and tablet. Create drop down lists of values for consistent data collection, or allow users to type in values.
- Atrribute list (forms) creation is also available in GeoJot+ Core for desktop. Using your existing databases GeoJot+ Core allows you to quickly add and create forms complete with dropdown values.
- Collect up to 24 attributes for each photo.
- Scan 2D QR codes or 3D barcodes with GeoJot+ for Android and use the information captured as a field value in your attribute list.*
- Lists can be completely locked down from external editing and fields can be marked as required. This ensures protocols are followed and the right data is captured every time.
Train your team to collect field data in minutes
- It’s easy. Select your attribute list.
- Take a photo.
- Input your information.
- Click done and the data and photo are saved and transferred via the cloud.
Consistently accurate data collection
- Share attribute lists (forms) between devices for consistent data collection.
- GeoJot+ will maximize the geotagging accuracy of the internal GPS chips of iPhones and iPads by up to four times*.
- The GPS Lock feature allows you to capture the location of the object instead of the photographer for more accurate geotagging.
- See Lat/Lon, Elevation, and GPS accuracy on the screen while taking photos.
- Select the way coordinates, distances, and directions are displayed in the app.
- Optional required accuracy. Does not allow photos to be taken if the accuracy is worse than the required accuracy.
On site data review without having to visit the office
- Check your work in the GeoJot+ camera roll to view all your photos and attribute data.
- See a thumbnail of each photo captured along with its location on a map.
- Review all of your photo points on one map, click on a point to see attributes.
- Choose between Select Roads, Satellite or Hybrid background maps.
Wirelessly transfer data back to the office for processing
- Wirelessly upload your files to the cloud automatically after taking each photo.
- Set the resolution (size) of the photo that is uploaded.
- Have the program automatically create a new dropbox folder for the photos using one of the photo attributes you capture in the field to group photos together for storage.
- Email individual photos.
QA/QC your data and create your custom output
- Enforce consistency and quality standards before inputting your field data into spatial and relational database systems through Geojot+ Core.
- Use GeoJot+ Core desktop software to extract the attribute data and create customized reports, ESRI Shape Files and GeoDatabases, Google Earth maps, watermarked photos, database output, .csv files. Learn more about Geojot+ Core.
- In order to access the attribute information collected with GeoJot, the data MUST be processed through Geojot+ Core.
*We strive to keep the Android and iOS versions very similar to simplify internal training at companies that have both types of devices. However, the operating systems to do not always allow us to create identical apps.